Honest opinions about how to buy Appliances and Lighting.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Kids Are All Right

I am a 43 year old man. In my day, I was pretty good at Ms. PacMan and Missile Command, but computers in general were not a huge part of my existence. Today's kids are very different. The computer has connected them socially, and has affected our shopping habits

They rate everything. They are absolutely intolerant about bad service, bad policies or anything else that can be considered customer unfriendly. If a store wantonly upsets more than a couple, it will lose everyone in that social network.

In short, this group is the average stores worst nightmare. Personally, I think they are a good challenge, and have helped us improve as a company

The 21-34 crowd is the best barometer as to what is good or bad in any category.

Here is where they post...Check your stores against these sites

1. Yelp

2. CitySearch

3. Angie's List


So if you want to know where to have the best Martini or find the best appliance store...Have a look. I say this with some trepidation, because as they say on Angie's List 'Not all ratings are good'

No comments:

Post a Comment