Honest opinions about how to buy Appliances and Lighting.

Friday, December 14, 2007

More Detergents

I have been working full time at Yale for 22 years. Over the years products have certainly evolved: dishwashers are quieter, stove burners are hotter and refrigerators are 3 times more efficient than when I started.

However, The best changes are laundry. The new washers are almost twice bigger use less than 1/3 the water and 1/2 the water....You can do more laundry by doing less laundry with much less of everything else.

As we discussed last week, front loaders require high efficiency detergents(HE)...

Following are other products that may be of use:

Perwoll Black Magic: This is good for black and darker colors as it prohibits graying

Black Magic



Vernel Fabric softener: Front loaders spin at 1000-1600 RPM or 2 to 4 times of a conventional washer. Add a little of Vernel to prevent wrinkling. Available in peach&lemon or the much vaunted Day at The Sea

Vernel


Perwoll: for wools and other heavier fabrics

Perwoll

Persil hypoallergetic: For sensitive skin

Persil

Send me an email and I would be happy to send a sample. Yes, you can buy this at fine retailers almost everywhere

3 comments:

  1. Hi Steve, I wanted to let you know that I love the Persil for Whites. It is amazing!

    If possible, could you do a post on cannister vacuums? My two year old Kenmore Progressive isn't holding up well. Any comments on the Miele? I don't have rugs - just dog fur.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo,

    I use it myself....Its great stuff


    Rather than filling the comment box, I will review vacs next week...Is that acceptable or would you like specific info now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve,

    I can wait on the vacuum info. Thanks. Jo

    ReplyDelete