Honest opinions about how to buy Appliances and Lighting.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mea Culpa

Perhaps you noticed a slight drop in post quantity....I am having issues with the camera, and Pat has been promoted out of my jurisdiction...Thus, I am left to figure this contraption by myself.

I have 3 posts ready to go...sinks, stoves and the Dallas Lighting Show. Every year, manufacturers show their new products in Dallas, so it is always interesting or disappointing depending on the year. Hopefully, LED will play a more significant role.

So let me leave you with a question you must ask when buying appliances:

Who services this product? 15% of new appliances will need service and/or adjustment.

Most appliance manufacturers such as Frigidaire, Electrolux, Samsung, LG do not offer their own service and others like Bosch and Whirlpool have either minimized or entered into joint venture. Thus, you are totally at the mercy of your dealer or an independent servicer....and there aren't many who will fix products in warranty.

So before buying (best time) ask that question...

No comments:

Post a Comment