Honest opinions about how to buy Appliances and Lighting.

Monday, January 05, 2009

Bath Lighting Part 7

Most of the time, there are no wrong ways to renovating with lighting...The only exceptions would be in true task applications like kitchens and bathrooms...

You can err big time with improper illumination.


Case in point...The Hotel Agua in Cancun, Mexico...Have a gander.



One recessed is placed in the center of the mirror, which creates a shadow effect. You can use recessed over a bath mirror...Just place one on either side of the mirror. Otherwise the place is really nice(had to throw in the view)

Lets look at a better application:



This awful pic is actually my bathroom....Note the lights on the side. This is the proper application for makeup, shaving, etc.

Now lets light it for under $200 (yes for two).

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:03 PM

    I wanted to leave a comment and tell you how much I enjoy your blog. I found it about six weeks ago and it's been helpful to me as I make choices for a new home. And it's fun to see all the new stuff you show! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...I appreciate the compliment

    ReplyDelete