Honest opinions about how to buy Appliances and Lighting.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Choose This or That

For new Yale bloggers, we are posting this week about renovating for less money...So lets start with dual fuel ranges....


The Wolf professional dual fuel...A beautiful range with 15,000 BTU burners, clock and timer, 500 BTU simmer and two convection fans for even cooking.

Feast your eyes:


Wolf 30 Pro Range


Unfortunately, the price is over $5200. For most people this may be a little extreme. so lets stay with this style of range and look at a


GE Cafe Slide-In


GE Cafe: This new range is very compelling at $2300. How compelling...One 17,000 BTU burner as well as a fifth element, a convection oven plus a second oven below(where the storage drawer was)...But $2300 can be pricey so how about....


Frigidaire Professional Slide-In


A Frigidaire Professional: I really like this range. For $1500, Frigidaire has a 16,000 BTU burner, convection and a second oven



Three very likeable products....

2 comments:

  1. I am psyched that you are doing this topic. I, too, have looked at the GE Cafe series for our upcoming kitchen renovation. I am really torn about whether our kitchen "needs" professional appliances and I get differing opinions from everyone I ask. I am a mom of three young kids who cooks almost everyday..sometimes gourmet but usually pot roast, chicken cacciatore and the like. I currently use a slide-in Frigidaire Gallery series electric stove/oven/warming drawer that I like except that the oven is too small for big meals. I was thinking that with the increased oven capacity of the Cafe plus the bake feature of the warmer drawer along with (perhaps) an avantium microhood thingy I might be able to solve the oven capacity problem without designing a kitchen that calls for the cooktop and double wall oven/warmer configuration. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I can help....

    You are certainly on the right track with the 2 oven stove, but two hypotheticals for you to ponder...

    A. There is not that much more room between the GE Cafe and the Frigidaire. I will measure tomorrow

    B. The Advantium(I am assuming the over the range) is a great piece of equipment. It performs all the functions of a range just 4 times faster...or 8 times depending on the model.

    However, it is only 1 cubic foot..Not much room for a pot roast or cacciatore.

    ReplyDelete