Honest opinions about how to buy Appliances and Lighting.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Under Counter Refrigeration

Under Counter refrigerators are the toughest products to consider when purchasing appliances. Why would anyone buy an under counter refrigerator for $11O0 or higher from Marvel, Uline, Electrolux or SubZero, when they can buy a dorm refrigerator for $199 anywhere.

The answer is simple. The compressor breathes from the front rather than the back, so it can be built into a cabinet. The dormer has the compressor in the back, so it is only stand alone.

There are other differences: Metal cabinet versus plastic and temperature control...



Undercounter Refrigeration

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:05 PM

    Steve - is there a way to list the comments posted on the blog somewhere on the front page? I just looked through some older blog postings and realized I have missed a lot because I didn't know there were any comments posted or a response to the comments.

    By the way, great job with the blog. I really appreciate all the effort put into keeping it updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks....

    I actually enjoy writing this to be honest. To be honest, I am not really sure if I can place all comments on the front page.

    I will have Shawn look at it, because I am technologically impaired...

    Thank you for the suggestion

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:43 AM

    Steve - I dont think you need to include the full comments on the front page, just a link to recently commented postings. Take a look at how universalhub.com lists their comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That I will..We will revamp. We probably should recategorize the posts to individual products.

    I have been resisting the change only because I like the stream of consciousness way the blog reads.

    But then again I write it. The blog could be easier for people look at specifics

    ReplyDelete