Honest opinions about how to buy Appliances and Lighting.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bosch vs KitchenAid

This is perhaps the most competitive segment outside laundry with two very good, marquee brands.

Bosch....starting at $499 after rebates. USP (unique selling proposition): Quiet, water and energy efficient.


KitchenAid: Fairly quiet, eviscerator (fancy term for grinder) and heated dry.


I like Bosch's efficiency and KitchenAid's grinder (although Bosch's mesh filter is more than adequate). Heated dry uses way too much energy and is only 1.4% more efficient.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:32 AM

    so what else is new?? I have had Bosch for last 10 years of so. Filter has never been a problem, have almost never found anything in it not has lack of separate dry cycle been an issue- I just leave the dishes in for an hour or so after it is done and they dry by themselves. I do not want the noise of the grinder in Kitchenaid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:00 AM

    No comparison. I got the top of the line KitchenAid in my last house and uninstalled it for the Bosch. In my current house, I got another Bosch. Great dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete