All 39,000 applications will be honored including wait list
You now have until May 12th(to buy a $49 dishwasher) to purchase and June 26th to accept delivery.
IMPORTANT NOTICEYou are receiving this email because you secured at least one of the more than 39,000 rebate reservations during last Thursday's Mass Save Great Appliance Exchange. Due to the overwhelming response to the program - all of the reservations were taken in 2 ½ hours - the Commonwealth of Massachusetts has decided to fulfill ALL reservations, including those on the waiting list.
The deadlines for appliance purchases and for submitting paperwork have both been extended by one week to accommodate wait-listed customers. Everyone with a reservation, including those originally on the wait list, must purchase their eligible appliances by May 12, take delivery of new appliances, have old inefficient ones picked up for recycling, and submit necessary paperwork by June 26, 2010 (must be postmarked on or before this date).
If you had difficulty viewing your confirmation or printing your Rebate Application Form during the reservation process and have not yet received an email with your information, or if you need an additional copy of your form, please call and speak to a Customer Service Agent at 1-877-MA SWAP1 (1-877-627-9271). After selecting your preferred language (English or Spanish) press Option 2.
IF YOU RECEIVED YOUR REBATE APPLICATION FORM, please continue with the following steps:
- Visit a pre-approved Massachusetts retail store (a list of pre-approved retail stores can be found at www.MassSave.com/GAX).
- Choose and purchase an eligible model by May 12th (a complete list of eligible models can be found at www.MassSave.com/GAX).
- Schedule delivery of your new unit and removal of old unit with retailer.
- Fill out the rebate form that is pre-printed with your reservation number(s) on it.
- When sending in completed application, include documentation necessary for verification purposes:
- Rebate form with the pre-printed reservation number(s)
- Copy of sales receipt showing appliance was purchased during the time period of April 22 through May 12, 2010 and containing manufacturer, make, and complete model number of the product, as well as store address and sales price for each product purchased
- Copy of a recent electric utility bill with account number for the installation address
- Copy of delivery document confirming pick up of old appliance(s)
- Send completed rebate application package for processing (address provided on rebate form) postmarked by June 26, 2010.
If you lost appliances due to recent flooding and your appliances have already been removed and disposed of, you may be eligible for an exemption from the haul-away/recycling requirements of the Exchange. To receive an exemption, please provide documentation of either:
- Your insurance claim OR
- Documentation from the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) indicating the affected appliance.
ADDITIONAL PROGRAMS AND INCENTIVES
In addition, there are ongoing incentives and programs that are available through Mass Save, which is a public-private partnership of the Commonwealth's energy efficiency program administrators (Bay State Gas, Berkshire Gas, Cape Light Compact, National Grid, New England Gas Company, NSTAR, Unitil, and Western Massachusetts Electric Company) and the Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources (DOER).
Please explore www.MassSave.com/residential.aspx for other energy efficiency incentives and programs that can help you save money and protect the environment.
Thank you for your participation in the Mass Save Great Appliance Exchange!