Honest opinions about how to buy Appliances and Lighting.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

How To Buy Appliances(Again)

Short post today...I have been thinking about this a bunch over the last 2 weeks. I have become more mercenary over the past year or so. How I would buy appliances now is a bit different than years past

My plan:

1. Find a bunch of suitable products and brands..like Bosch versus KitchenAid, Frigidaire v GE, Maytag, etc..So you would be buying a self cleaning gas range, then deciding on the brand

2. Find the best value including rebates..Rebates are absoutely huge. Do I like a Bosch dishwasher better than a KitchenAid..yes. Would I like the Kitchen better if it was $200 cheaper with rebates..defintely

3. Find a good service provider or be prepared for torment...Appliance service is bleak at best. Spending the ncessary time discovering who are the best service providers

4. Buy on recommendations, reputation, value and price

No comments:

Post a Comment