Honest opinions about how to buy Appliances and Lighting.

Monday, December 03, 2007

Detergents and Other Cleaning Powders

Late start today: Our internet connection was down and Shawn is not here. We have 3 requests for discussion on cleaning agents for dishwashers and laundry. I went to Shaws yesterday and was astounded with the lack of suitable products for these new machines. We sell the Persil from Europe(which I love and use), but I realize that shopping at Yale for detergents is not top of the mind.

A few Pointers:


Washers: Has to be HE or high energy on the box. Only a few tablespoons is needed


Persil Laundry Detergent



Dishwashers: Water does not condensate on stainless steel interiors, so you need Jet-Dry or Sidol. Dishes will be drier and you can shut off the heated dry option on your dishwasher to save energy


Miele Rinse Aid



Fabric Softner: Most front loaders spin at 1000-1600 RPM. For comparason, top loaders spin at 400, so clothes can become wrinkled. Certain types of softners work act as wrinkle releasers. We sell Vernel from Europe, but others are available


Vernel Fabric Softener



If anyone would like sample of Vernel, Persil or Sidol, send me an email. We will have pictures tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:28 PM

    Have you tried any environmentally friendly laundry detergent or fabric softener? I just picked up some Seventh Generation and Mrs. Meyer's. Hopefully one of them will get some of the wrinkles out of my clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Seventh Generation(as a FYI, Seventh Generation is an expression from the Iroquis Indians that the decisions would be based on the next seven generations)

    I have only used their detergent not the softener. I use Persil and Vernel(peach). Clothes are much less wrinkled.....Send me your email, and I will send you a sample

    ReplyDelete