Honest opinions about how to buy Appliances and Lighting.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Contemporary or Just Plain Ugly

KitchenAid has relaunched their successful Architect Line with the out of the box name Architect 2. Heady stuff. I like this over the range microwave and stove because it is different with a contemporary edge. Unfortunately, I seem to be in the minority.


Take a look:



New KitchenAid Kitchen



New KitchenAid Kitchen 2



BTW, this is a new kitchen on our display. We will be showing the sink/dishwasher combination and oven when KitchenAid decides to ship it. I blame our rep, Dan Barkley, primarily because he will be reading this


Anyone want to guess what is wrong with the lighting?

2 comments:

  1. I saw this display being installed today. I like the microwave. As for the lighting, I thought it was bouncing off the stainless backsplash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats part of it certainly. The whole lighting plan is wrong as it was designed for the previous display.

    The best place to start a lighting design is at the sink or other high traffic area and design from there

    ReplyDelete