Honest opinions about how to buy Appliances and Lighting.

Monday, October 08, 2007

Buying Small Appliances...Refrigerators

Refrigerators fit cabinets. Case in point, the most common cabinet sizes are 30, 33 and 36, refrigerator widths are 28, 29.5, 32.5 and 35.75...But what happens with the odd cabinet at less than 30?


A good alternative is LG, the LRBP1031 is 24 inch and tall at 67 inches. It is available in white and titanium

LG Small Fridge




Another decent product is the GE GTR11AAPRWW. It is 12 cubic foot, 24 inches wide and self defrosting.

GE Small Fridge




I like the reliability of a major brand. There are a few off brands like Avanti, Summit, Sunbeam, Excellence and Welbilt, but I am not crazy about the prospects of longevity

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:06 AM

    Any recommendations on smaller fridges (24-28") with an ice and water option?

    Its great to see blog posts with some info for those of us without "mcmansions" in the 'burbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an urbanite, I feel your pain. This segment reminds of that Christmas special "The land of the broken toys"

    No kid wanted those toys(until the end)...No significant manufacturer wants this segment

    In keeping with this theme, there is not a refrigerator that size with ice and water...Kind of disappointing for the affluent urban dweller....

    Unfortunately, refrigerators with features start at 29.5"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:26 PM

    Steve - what about a higher end brand. I was thinking of doing my kitchen over in Bosch appliances but cannot find a decent stainless fridge that is less than 24" wide. Does Yale have anything that might fit this description? I have a 22" Armana now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about a 24 inch LG in Titanium...Shoot me your email and I will send you some options

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:22 PM

    I was just reading that LG's refrigs have had some meltdowns due to the interior light staying on when closed. Know anything about this?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not heard that....I will check with our repair department

    ReplyDelete