Honest opinions about how to buy Appliances and Lighting.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

GreenFest

I went to Chicago for the GreenFest on Sunday. Chicago is one of my favorite American cities. I say that for a couple of reasons: It is the truth, and more importantly I cannot be totally objective about The Festival. After all, I did not see or listen to any of the speakers. It was 80 degrees and sunny, so my attention span was somewhat impaired.

First, the convention and the organizers were well intentioned. Unfortunately, there was a dearth of actual products. I went for the latest advances in LED, fluorescent and Estar appliances. Nothing. There was a ton of food, which is good(free lunch). The technology was definitely lacking.

There was one item worth mentioning. The attic fan has returned only solar powered, so it is now automatic. My family installed an attic fan where I was raised. Heat rises, and the attic fan just exhausts the hot air through the top of your house. It lowers the temperature considerably without the need for more air conditioning.

We should really sell these fans....

Also, The Mr Chipz snacks made with rice were awesome as well as the natural sunbutter spread....I probably consumed 3000 vegan calories

No comments:

Post a Comment